Suggesting the presence of danger; threatening: a menacing tone of voice
More example sentences
- The sky has lightened and the snow has stopped, but a menacing wall of clouds is heading our way fast.
- The picture is grainy but that actually enhances the slightly menacing atmosphere.
- He aimed his menacing, brooding dark brown eyes directly into her own scared blue ones.
- More example sentences
- Soon, three men who emerged from a nearby liquor shop moved menacingly towards him, apparently to rob him.
- Today the city is illuminated softly from behind grey clouds wafted inland from the Irish Sea and massing menacingly to the north.
- I would like to appeal to the public today to think if they can help the police catch the criminals who treated my family so menacingly.