Definition of menorah in English:
1A sacred candelabrum with seven branches used in the Temple in Jerusalem, originally that made by the craftsman Bezalel and placed in the sanctuary of the Tabernacle (Exod. 37:17-24).
- If you go to Rome today you can visit Titus' Triumphal Arch which bears the engraved image of the Menorah from the destroyed Temple in Jerusalem being carried victoriously into Rome.
- Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, lasts eight days, and each evening, an additional candle is lit on the Menorah.
- Every night, Father would light the Menorah and let it burn itself out.
1.1A candelabrum used in Jewish worship, especially one with eight branches and a central socket used at Hanukkah.
- In music or poetry, one thinks of an octave, in Jewish ritual, a menorah with eight branches.
- As we enter the house with the mezuzah on one side and the Chanukah menorah on the other, there is no mistaking the Jewish focus of the home.
- Ritual Jewish art includes beautifully crafted menorahs, wine cups, candlesticks, tallilot (prayer shawls), and other ceremonial objects.
Words that rhyme with menorahabhorrer, adorer, Andorra, angora, aura, aurora, bora, Bora-Bora, borer, Camorra, Cora, corer, Dora, Eleonora, Eudora, explorer, fedora, flora, fora, ignorer, Isadora, Kia-Ora, Laura, Leonora, Maura, Nora, pakora, Pandora, pourer, roarer, scorer, senhora, señora, signora, snorer, soarer, Sonora, sora, storer, Theodora, Torah, Tuscarora, Vlorë
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan