Definition of menorah in English:
1A sacred candelabrum with seven branches used in the Temple in Jerusalem, originally that made by the craftsman Bezalel and placed in the sanctuary of the Tabernacle (Exod. 37:17-24).
- If you go to Rome today you can visit Titus' Triumphal Arch which bears the engraved image of the Menorah from the destroyed Temple in Jerusalem being carried victoriously into Rome.
- Hanukkah, the Jewish Festival of Lights, lasts eight days, and each evening, an additional candle is lit on the Menorah.
- Every night, Father would light the Menorah and let it burn itself out.
1.1A candelabrum used in Jewish worship, especially one with eight branches and a central socket used at Hanukkah.
- In music or poetry, one thinks of an octave, in Jewish ritual, a menorah with eight branches.
- As we enter the house with the mezuzah on one side and the Chanukah menorah on the other, there is no mistaking the Jewish focus of the home.
- Ritual Jewish art includes beautifully crafted menorahs, wine cups, candlesticks, tallilot (prayer shawls), and other ceremonial objects.
Words that rhyme with menorahabhorrer, adorer, Andorra, angora, aura, aurora, bora, Bora-Bora, borer, Camorra, Cora, corer, Dora, Eleonora, Eudora, explorer, fedora, flora, fora, ignorer, Isadora, Kia-Ora, Laura, Leonora, Maura, Nora, pakora, Pandora, pourer, roarer, scorer, senhora, señora, signora, snorer, soarer, Sonora, sora, storer, Theodora, Torah, Tuscarora, Vlorë
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.