- Abnormally heavy bleeding at menstruation.More example sentences
- Although there is evidence that norethisterone is ineffective in reducing menstrual loss in menorrhagia, the drug is licensed and is effective at delaying the onset of menstruation and regulating chaotic or short menstrual cycles.
- Specifically, menorrhagia (excessive menstrual loss) is one of the most common reasons for referral to gynaecology clinics.
- Curettage is a temporary solution for menorrhagia and is helpful in reducing the menstrual bleeding for several cycles.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from meno- 'of menstruation' + -rrhag-, stem of Greek rhēgnunai 'to burst'.
More definitions of menorrhagiaDefinition of menorrhagia in:
- The British & World English dictionary