1Blood and other matter discharged from the uterus at menstruation.
- We collected data on age at and type of menopause (spontaneous or artificial); menopause was defined as the cessation of menses for at least one year.
- The typical bleeding profile with the new intrauterine system is irregular bleeding or spotting for the first six months of use, followed by very light menses, with 20 percent of women having amenorrhea at one year of use.
- Usually what happens in migraine sufferers, as the estrogen levels fall off, and the menses begin, there's a tendency to develop headache.
1.1 [treated as singular] The time of menstruation: a late menses
More example sentences
- Dysmenorrhea often precedes menses and lasts throughout the period.
- Premenstrual syndrome is a troublesome condition that is experienced by some women and occurs most commonly in the period of time just before menses.
- Yet not only did my body crave the practice of yoga more strongly during my monthly menses than any other time, but both my psychic and physical powers were enhanced and more clearly available then as well.
Late 16th century: from Latin, plural of mensis 'month'.
Words that rhyme with mensesAlbigenses, amanuenses, Waldenses
Definition of menses in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.