- (Of a woman) discharge blood and other material from the lining of the uterus as part of the menstrual cycle.More example sentences
- But considering how much time we spend on that time of the month - from puberty to menopause, the average woman menstruates almost seven whole years - many of us know surprisingly little about it.
- Some women stop menstruating as early as their late 30s.
- Women menstruate for an average of 40 years of their lives.
mid 17th century: from late Latin menstruat- 'menstruated', from the verb menstruare, from Latin menstrua 'menses'.
More definitions of menstruateDefinition of menstruate in:
- The British & World English dictionary