Definition of mensural in English:
1Of or involving measuring: mensural investigations
More example sentences
- We measured the asymmetry of five mensural and seven meristic characters of 175 collared lizards from north-central Oklahoma.
- The method of investigation was substantially as follows: Tables of the minimum, maximum and average of the four mensural characters of a bird were selected for investigation, namely, length of wing, of tail, of tarsus, and of bill.
1.1 Music Involving notes of definite duration and usually a regular meter.
- Table 1 shows the time signatures commonly found in Western mensural music since about 1700.
- A Josquin mensural canon highlighted the unusual nature of this group's repertoire and rounded off their stimulating recital with fresh imagination.
- In Mensural Notation, several notes can be combined together to form ligatures.
Late 16th century: from Latin mensuralis, from mensura 'measure'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan