Definition of mensural in English:
1Of or involving measuring: mensural investigations
More example sentences
- We measured the asymmetry of five mensural and seven meristic characters of 175 collared lizards from north-central Oklahoma.
- The method of investigation was substantially as follows: Tables of the minimum, maximum and average of the four mensural characters of a bird were selected for investigation, namely, length of wing, of tail, of tarsus, and of bill.
1.1 Music Involving notes of definite duration and usually a regular meter.
- Table 1 shows the time signatures commonly found in Western mensural music since about 1700.
- A Josquin mensural canon highlighted the unusual nature of this group's repertoire and rounded off their stimulating recital with fresh imagination.
- In Mensural Notation, several notes can be combined together to form ligatures.
Late 16th century: from Latin mensuralis, from mensura 'measure'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.