Definition of mensuration in English:
- Hypsicles added a Book XIV to the Elements which dealt with the mensuration of the regular dodecahedron and icosahedron.
- His first article, written in 1804 in the Philosophical Magazine was On the mensuration of timber while the last, in the same publication, was On the velocity of sound and on the Encke planet.
- In a so-called mensuration canon, all of the voices end at the same time, which means that the later you enter the canon, the faster you have to sing - or the more you have to compress - to reach the end at the same time as everybody else.
1.1 Mathematics The measuring of geometric magnitudes, lengths, areas, and volumes.
- It is devoted mainly to arithmetic and algebra, with just a few problems on geometry and mensuration.
- It is a work which covers arithmetic, algebra and mensuration.
- Chapter 13 consists of 55 verses on arithmetic, mensuration, and shadow reckoning.
late 16th century (denoting measurement in general): from late Latin mensuratio(n-), from mensurare 'to measure'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia