- 1Measuring.More example sentences
- Hypsicles added a Book XIV to the Elements which dealt with the mensuration of the regular dodecahedron and icosahedron.
- His first article, written in 1804 in the Philosophical Magazine was On the mensuration of timber while the last, in the same publication, was On the velocity of sound and on the Encke planet.
- In a so-called mensuration canon, all of the voices end at the same time, which means that the later you enter the canon, the faster you have to sing - or the more you have to compress - to reach the end at the same time as everybody else.
- 1.1 Mathematics The measuring of geometric magnitudes, lengths, areas, and volumes.More example sentences
- It is devoted mainly to arithmetic and algebra, with just a few problems on geometry and mensuration.
- It is a work which covers arithmetic, algebra and mensuration.
- Chapter 13 consists of 55 verses on arithmetic, mensuration, and shadow reckoning.
late 16th century (denoting measurement in general): from late Latin mensuratio(n-), from mensurare 'to measure'.