- Of mercury with a valence of one; of mercury(I). Compare with mercuric.More example sentences
- Metallic mercury apparently does not cause hypersensitivity and is relevant only as a source of mercury vapor; it would appear that most inorganic mercuric and mercurous salts do not provoke immune reactions.
- Gotta run now and feed the leeches, and bleed Linda for her headache… She's not reacting well to the calomel - mercurous chloride - I gave her yesterday.
- Forty male golden Syrian hamsters were classified into eight groups: negative control, positive control and six groups treated with different doses of mercurous chloride.
More definitions of mercurousDefinition of mercurous in:
- The British & World English dictionary