- A French word for “shit,” used as a mild, generally humorous exclamation in English: Merde! What had she done!More example sentences
- We're very good at it and the French are, quite frankly, merde!
- The husky female voice on the other end explained in mangled Franglish that she would like to - merde!
- But, as he must have pronounced it, the word ‘mud’ had overtones of another of Dickens's favourite words, merde.
More definitions of merdeDefinition of merde in:
- The British & World English dictionary