(also merguez sausage)
noun (plural same)
- A spicy beef and lamb sausage colored with red peppers, originally made in parts of North Africa.More example sentences
- The meat is mostly lamb skewers, lamb chops and merguez, those typical spicy sausages, but also chicken, although this may have been introduced to please Western palates.
- Options range from beef, ostrich and chicken patties, to combos like boar and Brie, beef and merguez, or venison and goat cheese.
- My rack of lamb was remarkable only for the delicious merguez sausage accompanying it.
French, from Arabic mirkās, mirqās.
More definitions of merguezDefinition of merguez in:
- The British & World English dictionary