- A telescope mounted so as to move only on a north-south line, for observing the transit of celestial objects across the meridian.More example sentences
- Thus, with allowance for possible systematic errors in both the meridian circle and Mercury transit timing observations, a negative secular trend of solar radius is still supported.
- I found my first meridian circle outside a house in Crownfield Road.
- Ertel also designed meridian circles for the observatories of Christiania, Glasgow and Warsaw.
More definitions of meridian circleDefinition of meridian circle in:
- The British & World English dictionary