- An artificial covering of hair for the pubic area.More example sentences
- For example, if a particular designer was contracted to do all of Julia's merkins for her latest movie, that designer might very well get a special credit in the film notes.
- A merkin was popular during the 18th century, she said.
- On the run from France for assorted crimes, he attaches himself, gargoyle-like, to the hotel as a year-round resident, and sets up shop in the town making hair adornments - from toupees to merkins to funeral jewellery.
early 17th century: apparently a variant of dialect malkin, diminutive of Malde (early form of the given name Maud).
More definitions of merkinDefinition of merkin in:
- The British & World English dictionary