- A person who entertains others by means of comic antics; a clown.More example sentences
- This is similar to the definition of a ‘Jester’ who is also known as a ‘buffoon, or a merry andrew.’
- In a word, he looked exactly like the ape dressed in the habit of a merry andrew, except that he had no hair.
- Also in February, and with equal gravitas, the clowns of London meet annually at the Holy Trinity church in Dalston to put flowers on the memorial for the doyen of merry andrews, the great Grimaldi.
More definitions of merry andrewDefinition of merry andrew in:
- The British & World English dictionary