- An isolated flat-topped hill with steep sides, found in landscapes with horizontal strata.More example sentences
- At its southern end, the terrain drops down to the Santa Rosa Plateau, a 2,000-foot-high tableland with canyons, mesas, and low hills.
- After a mile's drive north of the petroglyphs, a short hike pays off - with a vast, spectacular view into the heart of the Swell: Buttes, mesas, and canyons fill the landscape far below me.
- Broad mesas and steep canyons stand out clearly.
mid 18th century: Spanish, literally 'table', from Latin mensa.
More definitions of MesaDefinition of mesa in:
- The British & World English dictionary