Definition of mesial in English:
Of, in, or directed toward the middle line of a body.
- The commonest pathology in chronic temporal lobe epilepsy is mesial temporal sclerosis with scarring of the hippocampus.
- Surgery is most commonly performed for mesial temporal lobe epilepsy, frontal lobe epilepsy, and epilepsy secondary to a lesion.
- In nulliparous women, in the upright position, their long axis is vertical; it has lateral and mesial surfaces, tubal and uterine extremities and mesovarian and free borders.
- Example sentences
- So, for example, the tetrapod splenial developed a medially-directed twist of the ventral margin, exposing the splenial ventrally and mesially.
- The jaw is deepest in the adductor fossa region and shallow anteriorly as a result of a pronounced medially-directed twist of the ventral margin such that the splenial is exposed ventrally and mesially.
- This is compensated by a rotation of the crus about the long axis of the pes at the mesotarsal joint, so that the crus is reoriented from mesially inclined toward the body to vertical or laterally inclined.
Definition of mesial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan