- The profits of an estate received by a tenant in wrongful possession and recoverable by the landlord.More example sentences
- During that time, the subtenant on the land will be in the position of a trespasser, and as such can be required to pay mesne profits to the landlord.
- An action for mesne profits, unlike ejectment, allows the claimant to claim damages for his loss during the period that he has been dispossessed.
- Here, the plaintiff's claim to mesne profits is dependent upon it showing that as between it and the defendant, it was entitled to possession of the property.
More definitions of mesne profitsDefinition of mesne profits in:
- The British & World English dictionary