The mesoderm of an embryo in its earliest stages.
- Using Lankester's terms epiblast, hypoblast and mesoblast for the embryonic germ layers, Balfour described chick ectoderm and endoderm for the first time in English.
- To be seen is the differentiation of the mesoblast into the paraxial, intermediate and lateral plate mesoderm
- The movements of these male-specific mesoblasts occur independently of the concomitant divisions of these cells.
- Example sentences
- Because mesoblastic nephromas may extensively involve the renal sinus, careful surgical and pathologic examination of the medial aspect of the nephrectomy and its margins are of paramount importance.
- While histology of mesoblastic nephroma is not related to prognosis, completeness of tumor resection is extremely important.
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma is the most common renal neoplasm in neonates, but it can rarely occur in children and adults.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of mesoblast in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.