Definition of mesoblast in English:
The mesoderm of an embryo in its earliest stages.
- Using Lankester's terms epiblast, hypoblast and mesoblast for the embryonic germ layers, Balfour described chick ectoderm and endoderm for the first time in English.
- To be seen is the differentiation of the mesoblast into the paraxial, intermediate and lateral plate mesoderm
- The movements of these male-specific mesoblasts occur independently of the concomitant divisions of these cells.
- Example sentences
- Because mesoblastic nephromas may extensively involve the renal sinus, careful surgical and pathologic examination of the medial aspect of the nephrectomy and its margins are of paramount importance.
- While histology of mesoblastic nephroma is not related to prognosis, completeness of tumor resection is extremely important.
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma is the most common renal neoplasm in neonates, but it can rarely occur in children and adults.
Pronunciation: /ˌmezəˈblastik/ /ˌmē-/adjective
Definition of mesoblast in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan