- A person with a compact and muscular body build. Compare with ectomorph and endomorph.More example sentences
- There are many more ectomorphs (naturally thin people) and endomorphs (naturally chubby people) than mesomorphs (naturally muscular people), and it's difficult to overcome genetic limitations.
- People are ectomorph, mesomorph, or endomorph.
- Somatotyping There are three widely accepted physique categories called somatotypes: endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph.
- More example sentences
- Some categorize body type as ‘ectomorphic, endomorphic or mesomorphic (muscular).’
- Breaking down his client list into three specific body types - ectomorphic, endomorphic and mesomorphic - Isaacson gives the best advice for each category.
- The female contestants of this sport were more endomorphic and less mesomorphic than the male competitors, but the levels of ectomorphy were the same between the females and males.
Pronunciation: /ˌmezəˈmôrfik, ˌmē-/adjective
1920s: meso- from mesodermal (being the layer of the embryo giving rise to physical characteristics that predominate) + -morph.
More definitions of mesomorphDefinition of mesomorph in:
- The British & World English dictionary