- The boundary in the earth’s atmosphere between the mesosphere and the thermosphere, at which the temperature stops decreasing with increasing height and begins to increase.More example sentences
- At the upper boundary of the mesosphere, the mesopause, the temperature is between 110°C, in summer, and 60°C, in winter.
- The normal altitude is about 100 km while the summer mesopause is situated around 87 km for about 4 month.
- The MU radar can measure the diffusion coefficients in the mesopause region by observing meteor echoes.
More definitions of mesopauseDefinition of mesopause in:
- The British & World English dictionary