Definition of mess around/about with in English:
1Interfere with: we don’t want outsiders messing around with our schools
More example sentences
- Once again Tone seems intent on radically messing around with institutions that, until he interfered, used to function reasonably well.
- The second burglary happened when a man knocked on the door and claiming some children had been messing around with roadworks outside.
- ‘My mum used to say, ‘Stop messing around with bits of paper and pencils and go outside and play with the other children’,’ he recalled.
1.1 informal Engage in a sexual relationship with (someone, especially the partner of another person).
- The main distinguishing feature of Lovecraft's Mythos is that anyone who messes around with the occult gets eaten by ghouls, driven insane or turned into a fishman.
- They were long and calloused at the fingertips from messing around with a guitar.
- And, even with you out of the scene and having (to a degree) accepted that that was the way things were going to be, the few girls that I did mess around with just didn't connect with me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan