- A short jacket worn by a military officer on formal occasions.More example sentences
- She pulled away from him, her hand lingering on the snow-white fabric of the dress mess jacket.
- They are also seeking donations of pace sticks, Sam Browne belts, white mess jackets and khaki polyester uniforms.
- Angus Birrell, a grandly mustachioed colour sergeant and former Royal Scot who bustles about in a bright red mess jacket and tartan trousers, estimates there were as many as two dozen in Edinburgh after the second world war.
More definitions of mess jacketDefinition of mess jacket in:
- The British & World English dictionary