Definition of metabolomics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular] Biochemistry
The scientific study of the set of metabolites present within an organism, cell, or tissue: the potential of metabolomics in the early detection of cancer is also being explored
More example sentences
- Biology is going through a revolution driven by a series of technological breakthroughs in genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics.
- It has been well recognized that one of the limitations of metabolomics has been the difficulty in automating the process of grouping peaks that represent the same compound in multiple chromatograms.
- "In our study, we propose to evaluate whether the new field of metabolomics can be used to diagnose asthma and follow its treatment," Hammock said.
- metabolomic adjective
- Example sentences
- Thus, metabolomic profiling of the introgression lines has been embarked upon to provide additional definition of the biochemical traits that are altered in each line.
- These findings demonstrate that metabolic traits can be dissected reliably and accurately by metabolomic analyses.
- For example, they could be used to provide an 'omic' snapshot (genomic, proteomic, metabolomic) of a person from a single drop of blood: which genes are defective, what proteins and chemicals they are making (or taking).
Definition of metabolomics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.