Definition of metabolomics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular] Biochemistry
The scientific study of the set of metabolites present within an organism, cell, or tissue: the potential of metabolomics in the early detection of cancer is also being explored
More example sentences
- "In our study, we propose to evaluate whether the new field of metabolomics can be used to diagnose asthma and follow its treatment," Hammock said.
- Taken together, metabolomics has reached a resolution where it can serve to provide a system-oriented characterization of gene function, and cellular and physiological responses, although it still needs further improvement.
- "The metabolomics is already used to predict the drug toxicity in the earlier stage and it is also expected to play an important role in the personal medicine," Yang said.
- Example sentences
- You will be responsible for the integration of transcriptomic, proteomic and metabolomic data from both internal and external data sources into our existing germplasm, genomic and transcriptomic datasets.
- Thus, metabolomic profiling of the introgression lines has been embarked upon to provide additional definition of the biochemical traits that are altered in each line.
- These findings demonstrate that metabolic traits can be dissected reliably and accurately by metabolomic analyses.
Definition of metabolomics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.