- (Chiefly of deposits of minerals) containing or producing metal.More example sentences
- The formation of mineral deposits and metalliferous vein ores in recognizable crystalline forms took his attention and were carefully described in scientific fashion.
- The influence of crustal lineaments on the distribution of igneous activity and their influence on its geochemistry are also illustrated by the location of metalliferous deposits.
- These were shown to be related principally to historical metalliferous mineral working, urban and industrialized centres.
mid 17th century: from Latin metallifer 'metal-bearing' + -ous.
More definitions of metalliferousDefinition of metalliferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary