- An element (e.g., germanium or silicon) whose properties are intermediate between those of metals and solid nonmetals. They are electrical semiconductors.More example sentences
- Another group of elements - the metalloid or semi-metal elements - share some properties with the metals and some with the nonmetals.
- As its two allotropic forms might suggest, silicon is a metalloid.
- Separating them are metalloids or semimetals.
More definitions of metalloidDefinition of metalloid in:
- The British & World English dictionary