- A butterfly with brilliant metallic markings on the wings, found chiefly in tropical America.
More example sentences
- Family Riodinidae: several genera
- And so, in 2001, I actually got to see my first living swamp metalmarks at Dundee Fen in Wisconsin.
- In experiments pitting the two in a Plexiglas arena, the metalmark faced down its nemesis time after time.
- Unlike the many butterfly species that have several generations a year, Lange's metalmark has only one.
More definitions of metalmarkDefinition of metalmark in:
- The British & World English dictionary