Definition of metalmark in English:
A butterfly with brilliant metallic markings on the wings, found chiefly in tropical America.
- Family Riodinidae: several genera
- And so, in 2001, I actually got to see my first living swamp metalmarks at Dundee Fen in Wisconsin.
- In experiments pitting the two in a Plexiglas arena, the metalmark faced down its nemesis time after time.
- Unlike the many butterfly species that have several generations a year, Lange's metalmark has only one.
Definition of metalmark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan