- A number of meteors that appear to radiate from one point in the sky at a particular date each year, due to the earth’s regularly passing through a field of particles at that position in its orbit. Meteor showers are named after the constellation in which the radiant is situated, e.g., the Perseids.More example sentences
- The Leonid meteor shower, which radiates from the so-called sickle of Leo, displays a double peak this year.
- A meteor shower occurs when Earth crosses this stream of debris.
- Although summer is the best time to view the most dramatic showers, you may still be able to see the Geminids, a meteor shower that typically shows up around the middle of December.
More definitions of meteor showerDefinition of meteor shower in:
- The British & World English dictionary