- The presence of methemoglobin in the blood.More example sentences
- A defining visual characteristic of methemoglobinemia is chocolate-brown arterial blood.
- Although adults can tolerate high levels reasonably well, nitrates can be very dangerous for infants, reducing their blood's ability to carry oxygen and causing methemoglobinemia, or blue-baby syndrome.
- She also subsequently developed acute renal failure, sepsis with fevers, methemoglobinemia, and gastrointestinal bleeding.
More definitions of methemoglobinemiaDefinition of methemoglobinemia in:
- The British & World English dictionary