1Done according to a systematic or established form of procedure: a methodical approach to the evaluation of computer systems
More example sentences
- His major motifs are still walls and human figures and he paints them with the same methodical approach to surface detailing as he had done in the past.
- You need excellent guard play and to be methodical in approach, concerned with tempo and getting it down to a possession game.
- We are going to undertake a fairly rigorous and methodical approach.
1.1(Of a person) orderly or systematic in thought or behavior.
- You are methodical and orderly, solving problems logically, and wasting little time on superficial matters.
- He was methodical, efficient, uncorruptible, perhaps even capable of being ruthless.
- The youngest daughter did not enjoy carrying them, but she was a methodical person who did what she set out to do.
- Example sentences
- The overall effect is one of methodic restraint in the presentation of ideas, and the importance of each underlying sound.
- The drill team clicked and clapped and stomped, their feet and guns a methodic waltz between human and machine.
- That's the careful, methodic, very adult mind of someone planning to hurt another person.
Words that rhyme with methodicalperiodical, rhapsodical, synodical
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.