noun[treated as singular or plural]
- 1The use or study of poetic meters; prosody.More example sentences
- Being no scholar of metrics, I won't attempt to elaborate, but reading the longer poems I hear Pound more than anyone else.
- An exercise in metrics takes you back to portraits of heroes in the whitewashed schoolroom and a language you couldn't yet quite understand.
- Thus metrics is a way for Longinus to re-envision the art of speech.
More definitions of metricsDefinition of metrics in:
- The British & World English dictionary