Definition of mew gull in English:
nounchiefly North American
A migratory gull with greenish-gray legs, found locally in northern and eastern Eurasia and northwestern North America.
- Larus canus, family Laridae
- Dainty mew gulls and the even smaller Bonaparte's were the most numerous gulls in this mixed bag.
- The most common are the glaucous-winged gulls, mew gulls, black-legged kittiwakes, and Bonaparte's gulls.
- Herring gulls can be separated from mew gulls by their larger size, pink legs, and larger bill with a subterminal red spot.
Definition of mew gull in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.