Definition of mew gull in English:
nounchiefly North American
A migratory gull with greenish-gray legs, found locally in northern and eastern Eurasia and northwestern North America.
- Larus canus, family Laridae
- Dainty mew gulls and the even smaller Bonaparte's were the most numerous gulls in this mixed bag.
- The most common are the glaucous-winged gulls, mew gulls, black-legged kittiwakes, and Bonaparte's gulls.
- Herring gulls can be separated from mew gulls by their larger size, pink legs, and larger bill with a subterminal red spot.
Definition of mew gull in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan