noun (plural mezedes /meˈzeTHəs/)
- In the Mediterranean, an appetizer.More example sentences
- Afterwards, we continued to enjoy watching the dolphins entertain guests from the deck of Corals Restaurant, a delightful indoor/outdoor bistro specializing in Mediterranean mezes only 20 feet away from the dolphin pool.
- Turkey is also famous for its appetizers, called meze, made from meat, fish, and vegetables.
- Kinzer also logged plenty of evenings in the Turkish bistros called meyhanes eating meze, or small plates of appetizers, and consuming raki, the Turkish national beverage.
Turkish and modern Greek.
More definitions of mezeDefinition of meze in:
- The British & World English dictionary