Definition of mezereon in English:
A Eurasian shrub with fragrant purplish-red flowers and poisonous red berries, found chiefly in calcareous woodlands.
- Daphne mezereum, family Thymelaeaceae
- Due to the warmness, we have flowering liverleafs, mezereons etc. in our forests.
- The accompanying scrub consists of Mediterranean mezereons, bush germanders, kermes oaks, sarsaparillas, lentisks, oleanders, strawberry trees, myrtles and junipers.
- Here mezereons grow, and salmon trout comes to spawn.
Definition of mezereon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.