nounchiefly North American
A type of beer produced in a microbrewery.
- I noticed a tap for a local microbrew called Prohibition Ale, brewed by Speakeasy Brewery.
- For a while in the 1990s it seemed that microbrews, brew pubs and craft beers were going to overthrow the established brewing order.
- In the mid-1990s the new excitement was about microbrews and specialty beers.
US Produce (beer) in a microbrewery: the beer is microbrewed in Racine (as adjective microbrewed) microbrewed beer
More example sentences
- This company is doing more than riding a yuppie wave of microbrewed beer.
- More informally, The Landing (in the El Encanto courtyard) offers indoor and outdoor eating, live music on weekends, and microbrewed beers.
- I guess if you had enough of it, you'd get used to it, but none of us were impressed with their microbrewed beer… and we tried a couple of different types too, just to be sure.
- Example sentences
- After 1986, the number of brewers rose due to entry of specialty brewers, microbrewers, and brewpubs.
- Consequently, the number of microbrewers has rocketed - Jim remembers just one, Selby Brewery, in North Yorkshire when the shop opened.
- Some 300 years ago, there were hundreds of microbrewers in Dublin.
Definition of microbrew in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.