Definition of microbrew in English:
nounchiefly North American
A type of beer produced in a microbrewery.
- I noticed a tap for a local microbrew called Prohibition Ale, brewed by Speakeasy Brewery.
- For a while in the 1990s it seemed that microbrews, brew pubs and craft beers were going to overthrow the established brewing order.
- In the mid-1990s the new excitement was about microbrews and specialty beers.
verb[with object] Back to top
US Produce (beer) in a microbrewery: the beer is microbrewed in Racine (as adjective microbrewed) microbrewed beer
More example sentences
- This company is doing more than riding a yuppie wave of microbrewed beer.
- More informally, The Landing (in the El Encanto courtyard) offers indoor and outdoor eating, live music on weekends, and microbrewed beers.
- I guess if you had enough of it, you'd get used to it, but none of us were impressed with their microbrewed beer… and we tried a couple of different types too, just to be sure.
- Example sentences
- After 1986, the number of brewers rose due to entry of specialty brewers, microbrewers, and brewpubs.
- Consequently, the number of microbrewers has rocketed - Jim remembers just one, Selby Brewery, in North Yorkshire when the shop opened.
- Some 300 years ago, there were hundreds of microbrewers in Dublin.
Definition of microbrew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan