- A sudden, powerful, localized air current, especially a downdraft.More example sentences
- With a flip of a switch, the same simulator will generate a microburst (powerful downdraft).
- Thunderstorms present aviators with many meteorological hazards: extreme turbulence and icing, low-level wind shear, microbursts, lightning strikes, and hail.
- At the time, I was looking for software to visualize my 3 - D model data of microbursts, severe downdrafts that sometimes descend from thunderstorm clouds.
More definitions of microburstDefinition of microburst in:
- The British & World English dictionary