1Containing or made up of minute cells.
- Vibracoustic North America, a division of Freudenberg-NOK, uses microcellular urethane, a more pliable form of rubber, to reduce noise, vibration and harshness in the 2002 Lincoln Blackwood.
- Later we added microcellular rubber for the heel and cut wedges at its upper end to make a universal joint.
- Manufacturers experiencing molding problems may benefit from the MuCell process, which is used to produce microcellular foamed plastics.
1.1(Of a mobile telephone system) having small cells, typically with a radius of less than half a mile.
- Not only does adoption of this system provide benefits in these two important areas, but it can also offer advantages through low-cost basestation deployment in microcellular systems, as well as reducing human health problems.
- And we have microcellular approaches where we can build a cell that might serve a half-mile radius.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of microcellular in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.