Definition of microcircuit in English:
A minute electric circuit, especially an integrated circuit.
- Should their silicon inhabitants - microcircuits, microgears, and micropower drivers - exist in a vacuum?
- Silicon wafers used for building microcircuits are usually polished at one specific angle to the atomic planes of silicon.
- Similarly, although the demand for gold for industrial purposes has grown - principally for computer semiconductors and microcircuits - the giant's share, 80%, remains centred on jewellery.
- Example sentences
- Since the advent of the philosophy of microcircuitry in 1951, great changes have taken place in electronics.
- Advances in computers and microcircuitry led to the development of the Boeing AGM - 69A SRAM (short-range attack missile), only 14 feet long and weighing but 2,320 pounds.
- As these devices became more adept - thanks to advances in microcircuitry - and more widely accepted, researchers began to investigate if they might also work by tingling the spinal cord or brain.
Definition of microcircuit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan