- A fossil or fossil fragment that can be seen only with a microscope.More example sentences
- Micropalaeontology is the study of microfossils, a microfossil being any fossil that is best studied by means of a microscope.
- A total of 772 samples have been analysed for microfossils from the proximal Cretaceous succession of the Orange Basin during the past 10 years.
- The key to understanding the early evolution of eukaryotes lies in the Proterozoic fossil record, especially microfossils.
More definitions of microfossilDefinition of microfossil in:
- The British & World English dictionary