Definition of microinject in English:
verb[with object] Biology
Inject (something) into a microscopic object.
- A Tol2 clone marked with the bacterial tetracycline-resistance gene was microinjected into fertilized eggs together with a target plasmid, and the plasmid was recovered from embryos.
- ‘Assisted fertilization involves microinjecting spermatozoa directly into eggs,’ says Masahito Ikawa, a postdoctoral fellow in Verma's lab and the first author on the study.
- Each oocyte was microinjected with 40 nl of cRNA solution.
- Example sentences
- For introduction of spermatid mitochondria, in vitro fertilization was carried out by microinjection of spermatids into unfertilized oocytes as described previously.
- Interspecific heteroplasmic mice were also produced by microinjection of somatic mitochondria into pronucleus-stage embryos.
- A later investigation found a 14-21% decrease in flow resistance of blood through microvessels in vivo after microinjection of heparinase.
Definition of microinject in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.