Definition of microscopy in English:
The use of the microscope.
- The recesses and interior areas of an object may be viewed using video microscopy, employing an optical fibre and camera probe.
- The kinetics of the fungal infection were followed by light, confocal and electron microscopy.
- Light microscopy and low-vacuum scanning electron microscopy were used to investigate the secretory process.
- Example sentences
- Interference can act over great distances and still beguiles geneticists, microscopists, and mathematicians alike.
- Most microscopists held that the blood of different mammals could not be differentiated, and so were reluctant to testify when a defendant's life might be at stake.
- Since techniques of observation were largely undeveloped, many microscopists were not certain precisely what it was they were to look for, nor of the nature of their subjects.
Words that rhyme with microscopycolonoscopy, horoscopy, stereoscopy
Definition of microscopy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.