- A very small earthquake, less than 2 on the Richter scale.More example sentences
- The microseisms are located and the data is used to create maps of the hydraulic fracture geometry.
- Collectively, these ocean microseisms have an annual cumulative seismic energy comparable to that generated from earthquakes, said Kedar.
- Scientists believed that microseisms are generated when the large ocean waves of hurricanes interfere or strike a coastline.
- More example sentences
- Corrections have to be made for such things as the frictional and buoyancy effects of the residual gases in the chamber, and for microseismic activity, which accelerates the entire instrument.
- When waves hit the shores of North America, all over the edges of the continent, they collectively produce a low reverberation roughly every six seconds, a microseismic growl that peaks at 0.16 hertz.
- These microseismic events are recorded on surface using the Paladin data acquisition system.
More definitions of microseismDefinition of microseism in:
- The British & World English dictionary