- A microscopic tubular structure present in numbers in the cytoplasm of cells, sometimes aggregating to form more complex structures.More example sentences
- The dynactin complex interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments.
- As in wild type, the cytoplasm of the cap cell has many microtubules organized parallel to the longitudinal axis of the organelle.
- The microtubules tie the chromosomes to the mitotic spindle during cell division.
More definitions of microtubuleDefinition of microtubule in:
- The British & World English dictionary