- The phase of a chess game after the opening, when all or most of the pieces and pawns remain on the board.More example sentences
- No wonder I lose so many games in the middle game.
- An attack against a castled King is a very important part of the middle game, perhaps the most important part.
- He created several original opening ideas, often shocked his opponents with risky and unusual moves in the middle game and scored many points by grinding down players in long endgames.
More definitions of middle gameDefinition of middle game in:
- The British & World English dictionary