- A school intermediate between an elementary school and a high school, typically for children in the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades.More example sentences
- Most of these kids live in neighbourhoods with elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools.
- The educational system in the city was comprised of fifteen elementary schools, four middle schools, and one high school.
- A new dimension of this new peace movement is its extension to rural Southern schools, historically black colleges, community colleges, urban public universities, and high schools and middle schools.
More definitions of middle schoolDefinition of middle school in:
- The British & World English dictionary