- The period from midnight to 4 a.m. on board a ship.More example sentences
- The ratings, sentries on night watch at a naval barracks, say that the ghost follows them around during the middle watch and they have protested against doing solitary duty on that watch.
- On March 2, 1874, they almost ran into a large berg during the middle watch.
- The change to the middle watch was done quickly and quietly and settled into the monotony of the nightwatch.
More definitions of middle watchDefinition of middle watch in:
- The British & World English dictionary