- The middle part of the alimentary canal, including (in vertebrates) the small intestine.More example sentences
- There was spiraling of the bowel around the midgut mesentery and the midgut was dusky in color.
- The reproductive system is anatomically simple, and it seems that the two ovaries derive nutrition directly from the midgut, a feature also seen in freshwater chaetonotoid gastrotrichs.
- These grow inward and eventually fuse to form the endoderm of the midgut, while ectoderm is dragged inward behind them at each end to form the foregut and the hindgut.
More definitions of midgutDefinition of midgut in:
- The British & World English dictionary