The middle of a stream or river: the ferry was moving out into midstream
More example sentences
- It is a great sight, with ant-like streams pouring across long pontoons over the river's shallow sandy banks to innumerable craft moored midstream.
- In midstream however the croc suddenly dives leaving the frog struggling with the current.
- This is particularly important when the wind is in your face and you want to hold the float on line either far bank or midstream.
(Of urine) passed in the middle part of an act of urinating.
- All the women who agreed to participate provided a midstream urine specimen that their general practitioner tested immediately with a standard urine dipstick and then sent for microbiological examination and culture.
- A midstream clean-catch technique usually is adequate in men and women.
- It's important to remember you should use midstream urine for the most accurate result.
- (Of an activity or process, especially one that is interrupted) partway through its course: our conversation was interrupted in midstreamMore example sentences
- We need to be flexible, fleet footed and be able to change course in midstream when positive opportunities present themselves.
- Switching analogies in midstream, the herd bull elephant is being challenged by a relative newcomer, not without tusks, but still relatively wet behind its large, flapping ears.
- A second theory is that voters will decide not to switch horses in midstream and will surge towards the commander-in-chief.
Words that rhyme with midstreamabeam, agleam, beam, blaspheme, bream, deem, deme, downstream, dream, esteem, extreme, gleam, hakim, kilim, meme, Nîmes, régime, scheme, scream, seam, seem, steam, stream, supreme, team, teem, theme, upstream
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of midstream in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.