(also migraine headache)
- A recurrent throbbing headache that typically affects one side of the head and is often accompanied by nausea and disturbed vision.More example sentences
- If you had migraines before you got chronic daily headaches, the migraines might return.
- Why does one person experience headaches and sore throats whereas another has migraines and tonsillitis?
- Other symptoms are depression, anxiety, headaches and migraines.
- More example sentences
- Others such as acute dissection of the carotid or vertebral artery, subarachnoid haemorrhage, cranial arteritis, and occasionally cerebral tumours may produce migrainous symptoms.
- Among them, we can mention migrainous and hypertensive headaches.
- Methods of treating migrainous headaches and their associated symptoms are provided by administering a composition comprising parthenolide or feverfew sublingually to a patient in need thereof.
late Middle English: from French, via late Latin from Greek hēmikrania, from hēmi- 'half' + kranion 'skull'.
More definitions of migraineDefinition of migraine in:
- The British & World English dictionary