- Denoting a cow or other domestic mammal giving or kept for milk.More example sentences
- Milk yield of milch cattle has been severely affected because of scarcity of fodder.
- The drought has affected the milk yield of milch cattle.
- Fifty per cent of the world's buffaloes and 20 per cent of the cattle are found in India, most of which are milch cows and milch buffaloes.
Middle English: from Old English -milce, only in thrimilce 'May' (when cows could be milked three times a day), from the Germanic base of milk.
More definitions of milchDefinition of milch in:
- The British & World English dictionary