Definition of mildew in English:
A thin whitish coating consisting of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material such as paper or leather.
- And the rainwater leaking into homes now could cause health problems months from now when mould and mildew grow in the carpets and air-conditioning ducts.
- They collect dust and become an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow.
- Also keep an eye on walls which adjoin the bathroom - mildew can grow on a closet wall adjacent to the bathroom, for example.
verbBack to top
Affect or be affected with mildew.
- Acid-free and treated with a fungicide to prevent mildewing, the sheets are offered with cold press, hot press and rough surface textures, and are available in 140-and 300-pound weights.
- Use 100% polyester thread to help prevent the thread from mildewing.
- About 3 months into moving here, we noticed that every time there was a heavy rain the ceiling of our master closet would get sort of wet and look vaguely like it was mildewing.
Words that rhyme with mildewmiscue
Definition of mildew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan