Definition of mildew in English:
A thin whitish coating consisting of minute fungal hyphae, growing on plants or damp organic material such as paper or leather.
- And the rainwater leaking into homes now could cause health problems months from now when mould and mildew grow in the carpets and air-conditioning ducts.
- They collect dust and become an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow.
- Also keep an eye on walls which adjoin the bathroom - mildew can grow on a closet wall adjacent to the bathroom, for example.
verbBack to top
Affect or be affected with mildew.
- Acid-free and treated with a fungicide to prevent mildewing, the sheets are offered with cold press, hot press and rough surface textures, and are available in 140-and 300-pound weights.
- Use 100% polyester thread to help prevent the thread from mildewing.
- About 3 months into moving here, we noticed that every time there was a heavy rain the ceiling of our master closet would get sort of wet and look vaguely like it was mildewing.
Definition of mildew in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.