- An invasive and noxious vine, native to Asia, that has downward-pointing barbs on the stem and the underside of leaves. It is considered an ecological threat in the eastern US.
More example sentences
- Polygonum perfoliatum, family Polygonaceae
- In the case of mile-a-minute weed the seeds remain viable for at least four years, possibly longer.
- Thickets of mile-a-minute weed can reduce plant diversity in natural areas and degrade wildlife habitat.
- Bob Trumbule, an entomologist with the Maryland Department of Agriculture, looks for signs of weevils that have been turned loose to combat the mile-a-minute weeds growing in Meadowbrook Park.